Did you know that Orchard Ridge Nursery School offers an afternoon program for any child enrolled in an entirely virtual K-2 school option? Our program is specially designed for the needs of your child during this challenging time. With our small class size and child-friendly environment, it might be the perfect way for you to complement your child’s online learning environment.
What Does Your Program Offer?
The short answer, it’s based on each child’s needs, so it varies from day-to-day. Our classroom is virtual session friendly. If your child needs to join their class virtually during the afternoon, we can help them get connected and attend class. Additionally, each day always includes a quiet learning period, allowing us to offer one-on-one help with school work.
But more importantly, we can provide your child with the opportunity to socialize in a safe and controlled environment.
- Mon – Thurs @ 12:30 – 3:30 PM
- Led by 2 of our incredible 4K teachers*
- All staff and children are required to wear masks while they are at school
We knew from the start that the constant changes with schooling this year would be hard on our kindergartner, but we wanted her to still have a safe place to be a little kid! ORNS has always been a second home to our girl, and we were so excited for her to have the chance to go back!Kathryn K.
We’ve had the best of both worlds – a consistent environment with virtual public school and afternoons filled with fun and play at ORNS! Our daughter has her confidence back, and I know that everyone at ORNS is doing everything to keep her safe and healthy! She is glowing at the end of the day, and we are so happy to be back “home”!
We Also Offer…
- The ability to participate in cooperative activities such as games and building materials.
- The opportunity to express themselves creatively through daily art projects and dramatic play props.
- The ability to participate in daily reading aloud sessions.
- Organized STEM activities.
- And the ability to engage in physical activity in our gym and on our playground.
We’re confident in our ability to safely provide your child with the things they need during this uncertain time. So don’t hesitate to contact us to see if our program is a good fit for your family.
*One of our 4K teachers is even certified to teach children in lower elementary school.